Flights booked and accommodation arranged, your future holiday is in full motion… but what about getting around? Is it better to rent a car or take public transport?
When to rent a car or take public transport?
Car rental – Renting a car will be suitable for those planning to travel long distances or far away destinations. Rental cars are also more suited for those who would prefer their own comfortable space when travelling, ideal for travellers with kids or lots of luggage. Check out our guide on car rental categories for more information on luggage and passenger capacities.
Public transport – Public transport is suitable for those only planning to travel short distances upon arriving. Anyone staying within a city centre may find public transport more convenient for getting around.
What are the advantages of going for car hire instead of public transport?
- In a rental car you get freedom to travel where you want. You will get more control over your own holiday without having to commit to any strict public transport schedules.
- Renting a car can become cheaper if you plan to use a lot of taxis and Ubers to make your way around!
- Using a hire car will give you more freedom with your choice of accommodation. A rental car will mean you aren’t stranded if you are staying at a villa in a quieter area.
- Rental cars are much easier for families with children. Navigating your way round public transport and transfers with children can become stressful.
- Finding the authentic hidden gems of the country that public transport may not take you to. Tours buses and public transport are likely to only transport you to the popular destinations whereas in a rental car you have the opportunity to visit the far reaches of the countryside!
- Having a rental car means you can travel from A to B directly which can make travelling safer. Using public transport may require you to walk through or wait in unfamiliar areas. Furthermore, public transport can put you at risk for pickpocketing! Plan your route carefully if you intend to travel with public transport.
What are the advantages of going for public transport instead of car hire?
- If you plan on going on a boozy holiday your designated driver may not get the most out of their trip! Taxis will allow everyone to have a fun night out.
- Parking in city trips can be troublesome, especially if you opt to rent a larger vehicle. Public transport can take away any worry about parking in a busy city.
- Public transport such as buses or coaches can be significantly cheaper if you aren’t planning to move around much. Popular destinations will be easily accessible from the airport.
So… Rent a car or take public transport? Well, it really depends on your personal preferences! However, if you are leaning towards renting a car, we would be more than happy to assist you in finding the perfect car rental deal for your trip.
Search for car rental quotes with the form below or contact us and we will help! Not rented a car before? Read our guide on common mistakes made in a first time rental so you can avoid classic car hire pitfalls.
Book your Next Car Rental In Cyprus Today
Renting a car in Cyprus is the easiest and best way to make the most of this Mediterranean sunshine filled gem. Whether you are looking to explore and soak up the culture or simply want to hit the beach and enjoy the sun, hiring a car will make your time in Cyprus easier and more stress-free than ever before.
Source: Zest Car Rental
Contact Us Now
Our customer service team will be very happy to answer any questions you have about Car Rentals Cyprus therefore please do not hesitate to get in touch by phone, email or post.
Address: Shop 1, Central Park Residences, 6 April 1st Street 8011, Paphos Cyprus
Support Phone: +357 26 945222
E mails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 6.00pm