Stay Engaged In The Process Of Renting A Car
If you want to rent a car, Cyprus will have tens and hundreds of alternatives for you to choose from. The first and foremost safety measure is trusting a reliable provider with real – life positive feedback and clearly stated general terms and conditions. If you notice that essential information about prices, fees, and procedures is missing on the company’s website, you better look for another alternative, and you better do it right away. Some extra suggestions to stay away from trouble include:
- Make sure you understand the liability distribution for different accidents and the insurance terms of the provider.
- Read through your contract for renting a car very carefully, and do not put your signature on anything that you don’t get the meaning of.
- Check all parts of the vehicle at the pick-up location, and if you notice any scratches, damages, or malfunctions, ask for written confirmation that you got the car that way.
- Check if your spare tire is properly inflated, if the fluid levels are ok and if all vehicle electronics are functioning well before accepting the car.
- Ask your provider for additional safety accessories – winter chains, child seats, boosters, etc. They are charged separately, so at Z&X Cars you can see the final price being recalculated live – with no surprises and no unexpected fees.
Remember – asking all of your questions is important, and making assumptions is not always a winning strategy. So, communicate openly, and make the process of renting a car as detail – oriented as possible.
Mind The Local Specifics When Moving Around
Like every other place on Earth, Cyprus has its written and unwritten road traffic rules. And as your driving license proves that you’re aware of the written ones, we are about to unveil some extra secrets.
- Always bring a torch along, as some parking lots might not have enough light, and you can scratch the car while trying to unlock it. The same goes for city outskirts, semi – urban areas, and roads off the beaten track.
- If you can afford it, always prefer guarded parking lots to random spots on the street.
- Unfortunately, some locals have the weird concept of imaginary parking spot ownership, which can be bad news for you and your rented car.
- In Cyprus, headlight flashing usually means that the other driver warns you about road traffic police ahead. Hopefully, you will have nothing to worry about. Anyway, if someone flashes a headlight while behind you, it can mean that they want to overtake you or that your trunk is open.
- Do not engage in casual arrangements with other participants in road traffic accidents. They will often offer out-of-the-record solutions against your car rental contract and can get you into trouble.
Finally, keep in mind that Cypriot drivers can get quite temperamental, and don’t get it too personally if you hear way too many car horns on your way throughout the city. Usually, it just means that you mind the speed limit rules, which is great for you!
Book Your Next Car Rental In Cyprus Today
Renting a car in Cyprus is the easiest and best way to make the most of this Mediterranean sunshine filled gem. Whether you are looking to explore and soak up the culture or simply want to hit the beach and enjoy the sun, hiring a car will make your time in Cyprus easier and more stress – free than ever before.
Source: Yes Rent A Car
Contact Us Now
Our customer service team will be very happy to answer any questions you have about Car Rentals Cyprus therefore please do not hesitate to get in touch by phone, email or post.
Address: Shop 1, Central Park Residences, 6 April 1st Street 8011, Paphos Cyprus
Support Phone: +357 26 945222
E mails: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 6.00pm